March 08, 2008

The morning I decided

With half opened eyes, I looked around but the room was still dark. My eyes were sticky from the late night movies I had watched last night. It's been 30 minutes since I stopped the beeping sound of the alarm clock which my kiddo had given me for mom's day. He'd his own alarm set too last night but I hadn't heard his yet, I finally rise up, did the things I always do each time I wake up in the morning. Actually, I had planned to do something today. I told the kiddo before bedtime last night about my agenda for today & he was all up for it.

Gosh! I haven't done this in years, the last time I jogged was way back during my high school. It was fun back then. I'd still remember whenever it was time for the physical exercise session, I'm always eager to go for it. I've always love jogging but have never like running, though. But now, I wasn't really sure if I could even make it to the other side of the track.

So, off we went early in the morning when the sky is blue & the morning weather is just so fine. We started off slowly upon reaching a nearby park. Since, this is the first time I started jogging after years of hiatus, I'd expected that I wouldn't be able or even manage to jog very far. Taking the first step in deciding to jog again wasn't a difficult decision to make at all as I've always like doing it though.

I don't want to expect too much from the initial run cause I was literally catching my breath only after the first few metres of my jogging. We jogged & walked intermittently along a distance of roughly about 2.5km long. We decided to sit on a solid bench only once along the beautiful sandy beach to catch the view of several docking ships which I'd not seen for a long time. Though the sun had started showing its rays on us, the feeling was beautiful & warmth. It was a lovely sight even though the weather was slightly hazy. It's such a joy being able to enjoy the scenery of the open seas once in awhile with my kiddo. I love taking a long walk at the beach especially in the morning when the air is fresh & the ambience is exceptionally calm, beautiful & serene.

As we started walking again, I decided that it's time we both headed straight for breakfast. Kiddo had a fish burger while I got myself some hot buttery pancakes. Surprisingly, we both were unable to finish the food though the only thing I ate was just a small portion of a pancake. I guess, what made our tummies full in quick seconds was because the first thing we both did was to get our hands on the ice cold milo which was for the first time in my life, it felt really good when the water flows down my throat & as far as I can remember it hasn't taste as good & delicious as this one.

After breakfast, we headed to a nearby store to do some groceries to grab my daily journal, some leafy green vegetables, a couple of fruits like oranges & some juicy dragon fruits which has been my kiddo's favourite fruit. These fruits shall be eaten cold, straight from the fridge especially during a hot summer day. However, it hasn't been sunny for days here. I arrived home feeling de-stress & invigoratingly energetic. I expect some aches on some parts of my body in days to come. Ouchh!

0 comments: