March 24, 2008

Her secret unveil

While surfing the net this morning, I came across this Madonna's Secret Weapon which caught my eyes for a good seconds. I think she has a superbly fantastic great figure considering that she's 50 years old. Wow! She's really something, isn't she? I'd still recalled her song; Who's that girl?? ha ha.....she's a woman now!

When I was half her age, I had a slim figure though I'm not even half as good or fit like her. Lately I've been on a munching machine almost all the time during the day. Just like many women out there I go through different phases in my life from a size small to medium to large. My figure now is more or less like Britney. Whenever I go out shopping, I had to look for either medium or a large size.


I remember one day (don't know what got into me exactly) I decided I wanna know what I look & feel like if I just let myself go by putting a few extra kilos than my ideal size. I've been on my current size consistently for a few years now & it's getting harder to get back into shape to where I used to. I'm still working on it & lucky for me although I do have cravings or hunger pangs at times I still manage to control them. I just learned that whenever you feel hungry you should first drink plain water first. It will make your tummy full only temporarily then perhaps you can take something like a complex carbohydrate such as, wholemeal bread, wholegrain cereals, oatmeal etc so that you won't have unnecessary hunger pangs.

Knowing that my metabolism rate has slowed down quite rapidly eons ago, I refuse believe that one can be gaining weight & stays that way once you reach a certain age. I was like "Oh no, that won't happen to me!" But now that I'm in this position I certainly know how it feels like when your weight keeps going north.

Since young, I've always been the slim & petite person in the family. I guess, back then I wasn't really enjoying my food ( I ate only because my tummy was grumbling for food & that's about it) as much as I love munching away now. Still along the way as I was discovering myself, I figured that I've intolerance for lactose & sugary load stuff. Oohhh, how I wish I could bite into those apple pies every other day....

Anyway, here are some good pointers from Tracy Anderson the Guru herself:

  • Any time you are doing the same movement over and over you are building and bulking your muscles," she says. "It is very important to change your rotations and hit your muscles from different angles
    Ballet Grand Plies: Stand with heels together, toes slightly apart. With a straight back, bend at the knee as low as you can, then go back up again. Work up to 100 reps.
  • Abdominal Crunches: Lie on the floor with arms at your side, your legs in front of you. Raise yourself slightly until you feel a "crunch" in your abs and then lie back down. The key here is to do it with your legs straight out in front of you, as that will really work your stomach without bulking it up. Work up to 100 reps.
  • Piking: Lie flat on the floor, arms at your sides. Lift straight legs up to ceiling to 90 degrees and then gently lower. Without pausing, lift them back up again. Your upper body should remain flat on the ground.
    Both arms and legs should be straight with your toes pointed. Work up to 100 reps.
  • Advanced Piking: Lie on the floor, legs straight out in front of you with your arms on the floor stretched out over your head. Hold onto a 3lb weight and bring your hands up to meet your legs when you raise them to a 90-degree angle and lower your arms and legs back down to the floor at the same time. Both arms and legs should be straight with your toes pointed. Work up to 100 reps.
  • AND FINALLY...
    Stop making excuses - just do it.

Guess, I'm making myself an excuse for today.....opps!

0 comments: