March 18, 2008

Survivor Micronesia #6











I remember watching Jonathan Penner in an excruciatingly painful situation when his punctured knee was sewn by a medic. I hate having to watch him go at a time when he did exceptionally well in the Reward challenges despite the fact that his limping leg wasn't getting any better. It was very emotional situation as well when he had to make a split-second decision to get his infected leg treated in a hospital. I was heartbroken watching him bid his farewell & seeing the others getting very emotional. I just think that the tugging game was brutal & it seems to me that not much thought has been put into it. It's obviously a disaster.

Meanwhile, Chet Welch has decided to leave the game due to his injury in his heels during his trip to the exile island. After much battling within himself with the ideas others; Tracy, Erik & Ami had put into his head & weighing the pros & cons he decided that he wasn't into blind sided Ozzy in the end.

Throughout the entire episode, I honestly thought Chet was making excuses for himself to quit the game. I do feel a tinge of sadness when he was alas voted out by his tribe. It does feel like an obligation though when everyone clearly decided to vote him off. Perhaps, it wasn't meant to be for these two guys to outlast in the game much less to win this Survivor game after all.

0 comments: