September 21, 2009

On The Third Day

It was a lovely sunny day during the first half day of today. My kid left for school although it's a public holiday. I decided to just stay in the tent only to come out around noon time as it was getting very hot inside the tent. Zack & Sal have both gone for a swim. When my kid arrived from school, I agreed to go for a swim in the sea as I was already feeling very hot & sticky. We swam for about an hour. As the day was getting a little cloudy, I decided to take a shower. When the two of us had finished, we decided that we both stayed in the tent. My kid was already getting very exhausted & sleepy. He managed to doze off for a short time as the heavy rain kept pouring on our tent. I have to eventually wake him up as I started to see drips of rain drops inside the tent. I was afraid if the the tent will get flooded. There were plenty of things including food in the tent. I was more concerned about our heavy bags as they are not made of waterproof materials. Fortunately, our tent was able to withstand the strong wind blowing from the sea. While we were struggling to make sure that our tent is not flooded or collapsed, Zack & his friends were having lunch elsewhere. They came back once the rain has stopped only to find that their tent had collapsed. I checked on them & as they each settled down both my kid & I stayed inside our tent. The evening went by quietly until I decided to bring our things to a nearby shelter as it looked like there will be yet another storm coming its way towards us. It was almost dusk & almost time too for Zack & his friends to go back to their respective homes. I couldn't watch them packing their things but when it was really time to say our goodbyes, a tinge of sadness slowly creeps in.

0 comments: