September 19, 2009

Surviving Rainy Days & Coldness

It's been raining for two straight days. Fortunately for us, it didn't rain at night or else we won't be able to get some sleep at all. I tried to take shelter at a fast food restaurant yesterday. The minute the restaurant opened, I was the first one to come in & the looked on every worker as well as the supervisor's eyes God knows what they were thinking of me. Their looks made me feel uneasy so since I was gonna be spending the whole day in there, I'd better buy some food although that was my plan in the first place. I had wanted to save as much as possible as I don't want to be running out of money when I really needed it especially for my kid's schooling expenses. We had to literally starve for weeks now just so we have just enough money to spend especially on food. While I was waiting for my kid the whole afternoon & watched people past by, it started to get stormy. I'm glad I wasn't at the beach like I did the last time. However, in an air conditioned room I had to also endure the cold air con in the restaurant. Yet again, it feeld like eternity & yes it was an eternity as my kid finally arrived at almost 8PM that day.

I decided to go to the fast food restaurant because we have to move around as I can no longer stays at the beach since there are officers who will check on us. Not that we're running from authorities or anything. I just do not want people to know that we're homeless. All I ever need now is just a job to get us get back on track & our lives.

Anyway, as I was sitting my mind wondered to my kid. I feel that I appreciates him more now than ever as he has grown up now becoming more like a young man that he should be & with whom I eventually can erlate all things about adults life 7 its turbulence. It has always been the two of us together. He has always been my life, my companion & my best of friend for now & forever even though I still am hoping 7 holding on to that glimmer of hope in finding me a special someone to fill this empty heart as well as a father figure & a friend for my kid with whom he can share common interest & someone he can look up to. Not only someone who can & will light up our hearts, fill our days with laughter & happiness but also someone who will be our pillar of strength & endless fountain of love....

0 comments: